Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One proud Mama!

Brooklyn had her awards ceremony at school this morning. I haven't been able to make many this year because of my work schedule (they are always held in the morning). Well Austin and I went today and let me just say....I am so proud of that girl! She was the most decorated student there. She got awards for "Triple A" which means straight A's all year long. She received her UIL medal from Ready Writing - she placed second in the district - the only child at school who placed (individually). She placed fourth in the school's reading program - which means she read like 58 books this year (again). The only thing she didn't get recognized for was Perfect Attendance and that's because she missed ONE day...but that's ok. The other awards are far more impressive to me. I just sat there with tears in my eyes everytime they called her name. What a blessing this child is; she is so well rounded. Thanks for letting me gloat:)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Brooke for a job well done! I would be such a proud mama too! Yay! :0)

    ReplyDelete