Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blessed

Today was an emotional day as Mom and I went to Wichita Falls to a funeral of a family friend. As I looked around, I saw so many familiar faces, but it had been years since I had seen most of them so I wasn't positive about anyone! It's crazy how you "remember" silly things, being a part of someone's story and then you look up - some 20 years later - and everyone is grown with kids of their own. They have their own stories and their own lives - and you are no longer a part of their world, only a part of their history. If today doesn't speak volumes as to why I am passionate about scrapbooking, then I could never explain it. My goal is to leave my stories, the big ones and the little ones, the happy ones and the not-so happy ones, the daily moments that distinguish who I am and from whence I came. I'm so incredibly blessed and I could never put into words the gratitude I feel for every single individual who has crossed my path...that includes you. Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. I am so blessed that you WERE part of my past, ARE part of my present, and WILL indefinitely be part of my future. I am so blessed to call you my sister. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing post Trisha. This is truly the reason we do this. I want my story to live on, and I believe it will through my pages. I a life artist, and story teller....so are we all! **hugs** to you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet and so true what you said. That's why I scrap too. I am so glad we are friends. Hugs for you!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing post, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete